Hiring Now – 06/02/2017
Plant-Fit Ltd are currently looking for a Plant Engineer/Fitter to work for us. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits to working for us. So if you think you’re interested, or want to find out more about entry criteria etc, please email email@example.com with your CV and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you.
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Plant Fit Ltd are currently looking to appoint a Plant Fitter to be based at the Doncaster Head Office.
Job Purpose: To maintain, inspect, repair plant and equipment to prescribed standards in accordance with the Department for Transport (DfT).
The Successful Candidate will:
- Maintain, inspect, repair and test the plant and equipment.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all Plant vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
- Attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
- Prepare and decommission vehicles. Fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
- Complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop records as necessary.
- Ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
- Attend training courses linked to service needs.
- Carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent / Time served experience
- Full driving licence is essential
- Class 2 driving licence would be preferable
- Plant experience is essential
Salary / Working hours
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday + overtime when necessary
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday + bank holidays